Hiroshima City Map and transportation
(1) Hiroshima Train Station (Shinkansen & Sanyo-honsen)
(2) Symposium site: ESSOR HIROSHIMA
(tram station=Hijiyama-Shita or Hacchobori, and 10—15 minites walk) (TEL: +81-82-242-5262, FAX: +81-82-240-5441)
(3) Tokyu-INN hotelitram station=Hacchobori and 10-15 minites walk) (TEL: +81-82-244-0109, FAX: +81-82-245-4467)
(4) Comfort Hotel (tram station=Chuden-Mae) (TEL: +81-82-541-5555, FAX: +81-82-541-0096)
(5) ANA Hotel (tram station=fukuro-machi) TEL: +81-82-241-1111, FAX: +81-824-241-1110)
(6) Peace Memorial Park
(7) Bus Center, Kamiya-cho
(8) Hiroshima Castle
(9) Japanese Garden
(10) Down Town area
(11) Washington Hotel
(12) Maruko-INN Hiroshima
(13) Tosho (Dinner Site)
To have an idea of distance in the Hiroshima City, (1) to (9) is about 1km.
To access the tram station Hijiyama-shita from Hiroshima Train Station, you should get on the tram bound for Hiroshima-kou.
To access the tram station Hacchobiri from Hiroshima Train Station, you should get on the tram bound for Miyajima-Guchi or Eba.
The hotel (4) and (5) can be accessed by the tram bound for Hiroshima-kou from Kamiya-cho Nishi or Higashi (Bus Center). Also you can take 10-15 minites walk without tram.
1) When you arrive at Hiroshima airport, you should take a limo service to Hiroshima Train Station (1) or Hiroshima Bus Terminal (7). Then, take a taxi to the hotel or use tram service to the nearest station (indicated above).
From airport, you should choose the limo that service to bus center, then close to the Hotel. If you get off the limo at Hiroshima Train Station, you should across the station through underground passage to the south to get tram or take a taxi.
2) When you arrive at Hiroshima Shinkansen Station by bullet train, please exit the south side, then, you can find taxi or tram.
3) Hotel does not offer the money exchange service. You should exchange some for buying ticket at the airport you arrive. Hiroshima airport does not offer money exchange service. Hotel can accept card (VISA, Master, JCB, UC, DC, AMEX, NICOS).
4) If you need assistance in Japan, please call following person to ask help.
Takashi Ohsugi: 082-424-7378 (office, daytime, weekday)
082-872-2559 (home, night, weekend)
Koji Kawabata: 082-424-5765 (office)
090-2164-6708 (cell phone)
Transportation from Hiroshima to Narita or Kansai/Osaka airport
I) To Narita airport:
Hiroshima city to Hiroshima airport, there is a limo service from bus terminal (Kamiya-cho) or Hiroshima train station (North side). It takes about hour to airport.
The flight from Hiroshima to Haneda/Tokyo
ANA680 ANA682 ANA684 ANA686 ANA688
departure: 15:05 17:05, 18:30, 19:40, 20:45
arrival 16:25 18:25, 19:50 21:00 22:05
JAL1612 JAL1616 JAL1618 JAL1620
departure 16:15 18:00 19:05 20:05
arrival(Tokyo) 17:35 19:20 20:25 21:25
Then, you can take Keikyu express train (Subway) from Haneda to Narita. It takes about 2 hours. Every 30 minute there is a train service from Haneda Keikyu station.
The flight from Hiroshima to Narita
ANA 3128 7:50 departure
9:30 arrival at Narita
Hotel at Narita
Around Narita airport, many hotels are available. Most of them are reasonable price.
1) Narita Airport Rest House
2) Holiday-INN Toubu-Narita
3) Hotel Nikkou Narita
4) Narita View Hotel
II) To Kansai/Osaka airport
No flight service from Hiroshima. You should take SHINKANSEN train (every 15~30 minutes) from Hiroshima station. It takes about 1.5~2 hours to Osaka, then transfer to HARUKA express (ordinary train) to airport. Takes about 45 minutes. You should choose NOZOMI or HIKARI express of SHINKANSEN. Do not take KODAMA (slow train). If you want to visit Kyoto, it is the next station of Osaka.by SHINKANSEN. It takes 15minutes between Osaka and Kyoto. Haruka express train service is primary between Kyoto and Kansai/Osaka airport.
Hotel at Kansai/Osaka airport
1) JAL Hotels Kansai
Hotels around Osaka Station
Many hotels are available.